Topic: Primary School

Get the Most Out of Your Parent Teacher Interview

Pin It

So you've been scheduled 10-15 minutes to drill the teacher about your child's performance and well-being at school. You've just received your child's school report and have a number of issues to discuss. How do you make the most of your brief meeting? 

Topics: Teachers, High School, Primary School

Helping Your Child with Handwriting

Pin It

Topics: Literacy, Primary School, Preschool, Prep

Why Kids Need Time Alone with Their Friends

Pin It

As young as eight, I would hop on my bike after school, cycle a few blocks and knock on my friend's door to see if they could play. We would kick balls in the street or ride to the woods for fort building and games of tiggy and 'capture the castle'. If my parents worried, they never showed it.

Topics: Teens, High School, Primary School, Social Skills

Faster Lunch Boxes

Pin It

There are some wonderfully creative, thoughtful parents who scour Pinterest for novel ways to present a sandwich or jazz up the contents of their kids' lunch boxes. And then there are the frantic, time-short parents whose main concern is how quickly they can throw together some (healthy-ish) packed lunches before dashing to work/doing the school run. This blog is for the second category.

Topics: Parenting, High School, Primary School, Food, Preschool

All Stuck Up: Plastic-backing School Books 

Pin It

It's the mum's rite of passage I knew nothing about until my eldest started school: Plastic contacting the school books.

It came as a shock. I didn't even know this was a 'thing'. Yet, in the very first week (as I was still navigating school runs, lunchboxes and missing school hats), I was tasked with covering 15 exercise books in assorted sizes by the following Monday - with no instructions.

Topics: Parenting, Primary School, Homework, Craft

Raising Resilient Children

Pin It

Around 14% of Australian 4-17 year olds and 20% of 15-19 year olds have mental health issues, according to Mindframe. The percentage of young people flagging mental health as a concern has doubled in the last six years.

Why are anxiety and depression so prevalent among our young people today and what can parents do to raise strong children, equipped to deal with the curveballs life throws at them?

Topics: Teens, High School, Behaviour, Primary School, Social Skills

Click to find out more about King's Easter Arts Festival 2018

Subscribe to King's Blog