Topic: School Leavers

Home Alone - A Parent's Guide

Pin It

Twelve. It’s a glorious age of independence and new opportunities. In Queensland, 12 is the age your child can legally be left home unsupervised, walk to the shops on their own or take the bike to the beach without their parents in tow.

Topics: Parenting, Teens, School Leavers, High School, Primary School

Your High School Reunion - Why You Should Go

Pin It

Each year, King's organises a 10-year and a 20-year High School Reunion for its alumni. In 2025, King's will be hosting its first 30-year High School Reunion. While these events are full of love, laughter and memories, many former students report feelings of apprehension and inadequacy before the event.

Topics: School Leavers, High School, Alumni

Preparing for Schoolies

Pin It

It is 9:09pm on the eve of "Australia's biggest party". I am already in my pyjamas, my children are safely tucked in bed, and I am glad I have a long time to wait before I have to personally worry about Schoolies. But there are plenty of mums and dads around Queensland whose stomachs are aswarm tonight. Firstly, because their bundles finish school forever tomorrow and secondly, and probably more significantly, their little one will most-likely attend some sort of Schoolies celebration.

Topics: Parenting, Teens, School Leavers, High School

Click to register for King's Pimpama Principal's Tour | Tuesday, 8 October 6pm

Subscribe to King's Blog