Topic: School Leavers

The School Formal Dress on a Budget

Pin It

Is it too early in the year to talk school formal dresses? Apparently not. I was astonished to discover Year 11 parents discussing this topic back in October - nearly a whole year before their daughters would be walking the red carpet to their big event. The main cause of concern was cost and how much they needed to put aside. 

Topics: Teens, School Leavers, High School, Girls

My Best Work Experience Advice? Humility

Pin It

Early in my career, I was given two separate (and unsolicited) pieces of advice: The first was to learn the job of the person immediately above me if I wanted to progress fast. The second was to ‘perfect’ a spectacularly bad cup of tea or coffee if asked to make one for my superiors. 

Topics: School Leavers, High School, Social Skills

Home Alone - A Parent's Guide

Pin It

Twelve. It’s a glorious age of independence and new opportunities. In Queensland, 12 is the age your child can legally be left home unsupervised, walk to the shops on their own or take the bike to the beach without their parents in tow.

Topics: Parenting, Teens, School Leavers, High School, Primary School

Your High School Reunion - Why You Should Go

Pin It

Each year, King's organises a 10-year and a 20-year High School Reunion for its alumni. In 2025, King's will be hosting its first 30-year High School Reunion. While these events are full of love, laughter and memories, many former students report feelings of apprehension and inadequacy before the event.

Topics: School Leavers, High School, Alumni

Preparing for Schoolies

Pin It

It is 9:09pm on the eve of "Australia's biggest party". I am already in my pyjamas, my children are safely tucked in bed and I am glad I have a long time to wait before I have to personally worry about Schoolies. But there are plenty of mums and dads around Queensland whose stomachs are aswarm tonight. Firstly, because their bundles finish school forever tomorrow and secondly, and probably more significantly, their little ones will most-likely attend some sort of Schoolies celebration.

Topics: Parenting, Teens, School Leavers, High School

New call-to-action

Subscribe to King's Blog