Topic: High School

Get the Most Out of Your Parent Teacher Interview

Pin It

So you've been scheduled 10-15 minutes to drill the teacher about your child's performance and well-being at school. You've just received your child's school report and have a number of issues to discuss. How do you make the most of your brief meeting? 

Topics: Teachers, High School, Primary School

Why Kids Need Time Alone with Their Friends

Pin It

As young as eight, I would hop on my bike after school, cycle a few blocks and knock on my friend's door to see if they could play. We would kick balls in the street or ride to the woods for fort building and games of tiggy and 'capture the castle'. If my parents worried, they never showed it.

Topics: Teens, High School, Primary School, Social Skills

Faster Lunch Boxes

Pin It

There are some wonderfully creative, thoughtful parents who scour Pinterest for novel ways to present a sandwich or jazz up the contents of their kids' lunch boxes. And then there are the frantic, time-short parents whose main concern is how quickly they can throw together some (healthy-ish) packed lunches before dashing to work/doing the school run. This blog is for the second category.

Topics: Parenting, High School, Primary School, Food, Preschool

Study in Silence or Listen to Music?

Pin It

Year 11 and 12 exams are fast approaching. Teenagers across Australia are holing themselves away for their final slog of study and revision. Heads down and headphones on. What's their study soundtrack? Pop? Classical? Ambient whale sounds?

Topics: Teens, High School, Homework, exams

Raising Resilient Children

Pin It

Around 14% of Australian 4-17 year olds and 20% of 15-19 year olds have mental health issues, according to Mindframe. The percentage of young people flagging mental health as a concern has doubled in the last six years.

Why are anxiety and depression so prevalent among our young people today and what can parents do to raise strong children, equipped to deal with the curveballs life throws at them?

Topics: Teens, High School, Behaviour, Primary School, Social Skills

What to Do if Your Child Is Bullied Online

Pin It

I was lucky.  I'd never been bullied ... until that time.  I was thirteen and it went on for nearly a year.  It wasn’t physical. It wasn’t aggressive. But it was repetitive and demeaning: a rumour contorted, embellished and thrown around the classroom with wild abandon by those who wanted to humiliate me. 

Topics: Parenting, Teens, High School, Behaviour, Primary School, Bullying

Click to find out more about King's Easter Arts Festival 2018

Subscribe to King's Blog